Six months have passed since Sulley and Mike learned the truth – it turns out that a child’s scream does not bring the city of Monstropolis as much electricity as laughter. The Monsters, Inc. factory and its boss, Mr. Waternoose, are wrecked, and the former monsters are retrained for those who can make fun. The whole way of life of the city has been changed, and this cannot be ignored. It remains only to adapt…
“Monsters at Work ss 2”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the comedy animated TV series “Monsters at Work” has not been officially announced, but analysts are predicting a long life for the film. TV series showed good ratings from the very first episodes, which means that there is a high probability of seeing season 2. If work on new episodes begins immediately after the end of season 1 broadcast, season 2 may premiere closer to the summer of 2022.
Dedicated to scaring children for many years, Monsters, Inc. forced to stop the activity. But in order not to leave the townspeople without work, they have to change their approach to business. Now monsters do not scare children, but make them laugh. And the funnier the monster is in the eyes of the kid, the more electricity the city gets.
Those who neutralized the former director were put in charge of the factory. Sulley and Mike have always been inseparable friends, so working together becomes their favorite pastime. They quickly get used to the new status and successfully endow their homeland with energy. Mike’s engagement to Celia is approaching. He recently promoted her to a supervisor position.
At this time, Monsters University is releasing a new crowd of scary students, including Tylor. Dreaming of becoming better than Sulley, the most popular in his business, he goes to the factory, towards the first working day. Ironically, it is on this day that the workers will find out that now they can only make children laugh and in no case should they frighten them!
Tylor’s dreams are ruined – all the past years he only did what he wanted to prove to everyone his own horror, and now this is a talent no one needs. Pulling himself together, he decides on a distribution that will allow him to take at least some position. So he gets into the team of mechanics, whose duties include quality control of machines.
The meeting with the new directors is not long in coming, and soon the guy manages to meet the idols of his childhood. Soon he realizes that he still has a chance to make the monsters look at himself from the other side, because he was able to learn how to bring children to screaming, which means he will be able to learn and get a clear, sonorous laugh out of them!
Main characters and voice actors
- Sulley – local popularity; known for his ability to scare children; after meeting the little girl Boo, he learned that fearful children bring less energy to the city than cheerful ones; ousted Monsters, Inc. the previous boss, now takes his place – John Goodman.
- Mike Wazowski – one-eyed monster; previously studied and later worked with Sulley, helping him prepare to intimidate children; in love with Celia, dreams of getting married and having children; he is ambitious, he enjoys even small victories – Billy Crystal.
- Tylor – a university graduate who got a job as a mechanic in a factory; dreamed of scaring people just like Sulley, but due to recent changes in the city’s politics, this cannot be done – Ben Feldman.
- Celia – worked as a secretary for the Monsters, Inc. for many years, answering endless phone calls; instead of hair on her head, hissing snakes, like Mike – Jennifer Tilly.
- Roz – head of city security; worked as a secretary for several years, forcing Mike to be more attentive to the documents and sort them in order; never repeats twice; slow; has a twin sister – Bob Peterson.
- The animated series is directly related to the animated comedy film “Monsters, Inc.”, released in 2001 by the studio PIXAR. The picture remains so popular that 12 years later, its prequel “Monsters University” was released, which told about the acquaintance of two bosom friends. And in 2021, the animated series “Monsters at Work” has already appeared.
- John Goodman and Billy Crystal have been voicing their characters since 2001. None of them refused, asked for a larger fee and did not set conditions for the producers to stay in the project. The gathering of the former, friendly team was a pleasant surprise for the actors – more than 30 people, who had not seen each other since 2013, met again in the studio.
- Ben Feldman and Jennifer Tilly took part in the creation of the animated series for the first time, as their characters appear for the first time. Among themselves, the actors also managed to make friends.
- Producers Ferrell Barron and Sean Lurie are targeting approximately $ 1 million in net income each season. They say that the scenario for the release of season 2 is ready, but work on the third one will begin only if the previous season jumps over the desired amount.
Monsters at Work Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2×01||Series 1||July 2022|
|2×02||Series 2||July 2022|
|2×03||Series 3||July 2022|
|2×04||Series 4||July 2022|
|2×05||Series 5||July 2022|
|2×06||Series 6||July 2022|
|2×07||Series 7||July 2022|
|2×08||Series 8||July 2022|
|2×09||Series 9||July 2022|
|2×10||Series 10||July 2022|